New Book! Ending Campus Violence: New Approaches to Prevention
With the growth of threats and violence in higher education settings, college campuses are increasingly expected to have systems in place to identify potentially aggressive individuals and intervene to ensure the safety of the campus population. This book will be useful for student affairs professionals as well as college counselors, psychologists, social workers interested in the practical management of aggression and violence on a college campus. It will also be a valuable resource for those involved in creating and running behavioral intervention teams and threat/risk assessment teams. Ten case studies from both the community and residential college settings provide a comprehensive overview of campus violence and how to intervene to prevent it. Pertinent background information is discussed as an introduction to these narratives, such as the fundamentals of aggression and violence on campuses; how these behaviors can impact students, faculty, and staff; and what can be learned from past campus violence. Along with discussion questions and a review of ways to approach each situation, experts in higher education, forensic risk assessment, law enforcement, and legal issues weigh in on each case study. Their perspectives offer a context and broad base of opinions and ideas on how each case could be handled. Additional examples for further training of the college counselor are given through a detailed look at almost 100 incidents of violence, including thwarted attacks, rampage shootings, and hostage situations.
ISBN-10: 0415807441 ISBN-13: 978-0415807449
RACE!© (Resident Advisor Card Exercise)
RACE! is an interactive card game designed to help Resident Advisors (or RAs) become better prepared to address psychological, communication and crisis scenarios they may encounter as part of their job duties.
There are a total of 50 cards outlining various situations an RA might have to respond to during the course of the school year. Each card describes the scenario and then offers 0, 1 and 2 point answers based on the quality of the response. RACE! includes a set of PowerPoint slides for group training applications.
How can RACE! be used?
- RACE! can be handed out during a staff meeting to encourage discussion and review exiting policy. It encourages problem solving and group process.
- RACE! can be used at orientation training as seeder scenarios for Behind Closed Doors training exercises (where an RA comes to a room where other people are acting out a policy violation behind the closed door).
- RACE! could also be used during the interview process to help a review committee determine a student’s readiness to be an RA.
The price is $129 per game – The shipping is included free! The price includes:
- 50 high resolution photo cards with individual scenarios and scoring guide printed on the back of each card.
- A CD including: A PDF version of the game manual and an adaptable PowerPoint slide show of individual cards useful for group discussion.
Need to know more? Download this PDF of Frequently Asked Questions!
The Thematic Apperception Test: Administration and Interpretation summarizes five years of Van Brunt’s research towards the development of a new approach to the TAT. The book includes a complete historical summary, detailed case studies and an easy to follow graphical guide for card administration.
The Thematic Apperception Test (TAT): Administration and Interpretation
Completing over five years of research, this text is useful for psychologists, therapists and graduate students interested in the history of the TAT and how it can be applied today. Van Brunt has pulled together over 30 methods of TAT interpretation techniques into a new blended method of interpretation.
To order securely via Paypal, click the Pay Now button, or contact Brian Van Brunt directly at email@example.com or call (603) 491-3215.
* * * At this point, I am only able to send a PDF copy of the book. I’m in the process of going to a second printing. The PDF version will allow you to search for key terms and more easily print out scoring sheets * * *